About Us

 

Woodlands history

The land was purchased in 1868 by the walker family Built and occupied in 1868

then the property was occupied by John James Brown ‘Ironmaster’ a director of the firm of G&J Brown which had taken over the Walker’s forging interest at Forge Island site in central Rotherham.

The 1881 National Census shows that the house was then occupied by James Rhodes, a steel manufacturer and remained in this family’s possession for at least the next 30 years.

Club history

 The Club started its days as Kimberworth's cycling club, established in 1902 it then changed to Rotherham central which was located at the top of Wharncliffe street Rotherham and then  moved  to Doncaster road in 1962 and the club opened here in 1963

Club Steward

Introducing Pete Hudson Our friendly Club Steward